It’s important as a bride that you are looking and feeling your best on your big day! For most, this involves choosing the right dress, accessories, hairstyle and of course….makeup!
Whether you’re going for a minimalist look or going all out, there are some things that you need to consider when choosing the right makeup for your wedding abroad.
If you’re hiring a makeup artist:
- Do they offer a trial? This is probably the most important point when booking an overseas makeup artist. If you have certain preferences when it comes down to your makeup then ensure that you arrange a trial prior to the day. This way your makeup artist will be able to get a good understanding of what sort of looking you want to go for. If you’re happy with the result on your trial, then you will be filled with confidence on the day!
- Are they local to the destination and understand the climate, heat and humidity?
- Do they have a good bridal portfolio?
- What is their feedback like? Take a look at their reviews and see what previous brides thought of their work!
If you’re taking it into your own hands:
- Arrange all of your beauty treatments before you go. Waxing, tinting, eyelashes, spray tan (if applicable!).
- Remember to wear sun cream! You don’t want a burnt face or body on your wedding day, so be sure to stock up on the factor 30+ and don’t over do it with the sunbathing!
- Factor for the heat and humidity – choose makeup that is going to look good and last well in the heat. It may be worth seeking a professional opinion when purchasing your products so that they can provide you with the best recommendations.
- Stay hydrated – drink lots of water! It’s not only good for your health but for your skin too.
Do you have any more tips for our brides to be when deciding on wedding makeup? Leave your comments in the box below!